Print Quality Issues
My printer page is smeared or streaked. What can I do to resolve the issue?
- Normally, the toner needs to be changed
- Before opening or buying a new toner cartridge, test it with another toner cartridge. Try to swap a toner cartridge from another working printer of the same model.
- If the problem goes away, it is a bad toner cartridge.
- If the problem is not resolved by replacing the cartridge, you will need to submit a work order.
- If the toner smears, it may have a bad component or debris like a mailing label stuck internally, you will need to submit a work order.
- If this is a color printer and it has been moved recently, it may just need to be relocated to a level surface. Hot wax based color printers can be sensitive to very slight inclines.
- Submit a work order and do not attempt to move or relocate this printer. Moving wax based color printers can spill the wax reservoir into the internal mechanism and cause additional problems.
- If none of the above solutions resolved the issue:
- From a working computer, launch the Quick-IT program to submit a ticket to your Site Based Technician.
- Contact your Site Based Technician
- Contact the Help Desk at 702-799-3300